Sunday, November 7, 2010

2010 Activities

These are the activities that I have joined, completed and done throughout my first semester of my third third year studies.

We took our class picture for this year. This was how it turned out in the end.

My Class Picture of 2010


One of the subjects that I took this semester, Thermodynamics 2, has made it compulsory for students to make a working prototype of systems using the thermodynamics principle. For this project, I was positioned in an all-female group, consisting of five members.

My group has chosen to make a conveyor. The tricky part of our prototype was the boiler, which was to be fabricated as there were no such item that suited the function and characteristics. The boiler needed to attain high temperature and pressure for it to produce a high velocity steam. the steam is then used to turn the fan, which was made out of an aluminum drink can. The fan is attached to a shaft connecting the conveyor. Thus, when the fan turns, the conveyor will be moving as well. Overall, the prototype was working well after a few modifications to the fan and steam nozzle.








Thermodynamics Project

Design Day is a platform where students showcase their project designs in groups. Each batch has their own project, and my batch was to design a new machine to update a traditional method of doing something. My group of four males and myself, decided on a Coconut Milk Machine which will produce coconut milk faster and easier than the traditional method. Though my group did not win any prizes, I believe that this project is one of the steps for me to further improve myself in designing machines in the future.




Design Day 2010


I was one of the Promotion and Advertising Committee for the UTeM's Formula Varsity which was held on 10th October 2010. Students are challenged to build their own race car, and race it during the final race after going through several tests and a qualifying race. through this activity I was able to enhance my soft skills, such as teamwork and also communication skills.




UTeM Formula Varsity 2010

I also joined Rakan Muda's program in July, which was to stay with a family during a weekend and participating in their activities during the weekend. Throughout this program, i have gained new experiences, friends and also family. Below are pictures taken from the program and with the family that i had stayed with during the weekend.


Program Rakan Muda
Wawasan Desa IPT 2010
Peringkat Negeri Melaka

In whole, I hope that these activities will give me added values and I also hope that I can use my experience through these activities in the future.